honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, how much should we be charging for honey this year?

Depends on where you are, where you position your honey in terms of the market, what you view as your competition, who you sell to and what the market will bear ... No doubt there will be someone local along shortly to give you a better steer !

There you are ... quick as a flash Enrico's in with a price !

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. A local Farm shop has ask if they could sell my honey. Thought I would charge them £4 per Lb

Last year I sold 12oz jars to local shops at £4.00 per jar (retailed at £5.00)and 1lb at £5.00 (retailed at £6.00.) All wanted 12oz rather than 1lb jars - said they were much easier to shift.

Last year i sold it for £2.20lb, mainly from wild flowers, no rape.

Hello Hivemaker. Were you selling in 12oz jars or 1Lb jars. ;-). Or is it more like 50gal drums knowing you....

I read somewhere (memory failing fast) that 12oz jars of honey are more popular than 1lb jars with customers.

Do you guys find that. (Perhaps this is a separate thread...)

I am going for 227g / 8oz and was going to look for £3 per jar, works out the same as the £6 lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Same as Tony, but I offer 1 8oz for £3 per jar or 2 for £5

Last year i sold it for £2.20lb, mainly from wild flowers, no rape.

All of mine sold last year for £3 per lb in 30lb buckets. Mine also does not contain rape.

This year is a bit different. two of my hives found a field of rape (god knows where!... their neighbours did not!). The honey from their hives has set in the bucket in just over a week.

I have a wide variety of flavours not only in the different apiary's, but on honey harvested from the same hive two weeks apart.

I bought 1000 12oz jars this year (should have bought more!) and will be jarring in batches to find peoples preference. I am selling at £3 per 12oz jar to friends and £4 a jar to everyone else.
Negotiating with the local shops is on my list of things to do.

As others have commented, people seem to prefer 12oz jars.

All of mine sold last year for £3 per lb in 30lb buckets. Mine also does not contain rape.

This year is a bit different. two of my hives found a field of rape (god knows where!... their neighbours did not!). The honey from their hives has set in the bucket in just over a week.

I have a wide variety of flavours not only in the different apiary's, but on honey harvested from the same hive two weeks apart.

I bought 1000 12oz jars this year (should have bought more!) and will be jarring in batches to find peoples preference. I am selling at £3 per 12oz jar to friends and £4 a jar to everyone else.
Negotiating with the local shops is on my list of things to do.

As others have commented, people seem to prefer 12oz jars.

Pete

where did you buy your 12oz jars?

£2.75/lb in buckets. Best way to sell it for me.

£33 for 12x12oz jars to shops.

£2.20/lb in drums (about 660lb - watch your toes!)

I don't do retail any more but if I did it would be £4 per 12oz.

£3-50 twelve ounces but many people around here selling for £3-50 per pound i have had the best year ever for honey 32 X 30 pound buckets off 10 hives very happy

This is the first year I have had excess honey to sell - sold my first jars at work today :) £3.95 for 12oz hex jars and £2.85 for 8oz size. Lets see how long before the elf and safety police take my posters down

I am going for 227g / 8oz and was going to look for £3 per jar, works out the same as the £6 lb

Tapatalk 2

It sounds nice and even but whats the cost of your 1x 1lb jar and lid compared to your 2x half pound jars and lids? For the same amount of honey?

Latest posts

Back