Honey Jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perrybee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am hoping to extract my fiest ever honey in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations where to get good value honey jars from.

Thanks.

loads of threads on jars try a search and loads will come up

Wynne Jones - google for them

I am hoping to extract my fiest ever honey in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations where to get good value honey jars from.

Thanks.

Try c wynne jones beekeeping supplies

I would suggest 1/2lb jars as you will give most of it away to friends and relatives ( or they will expect to be given some)

Your Association will probably have the best deal - though it may be for a limited number of jar styles ...

There are lots of other aspects regarding your first crop, like if there is any Rape in there, don't hurry to put it all into jars - but do rush to extract it!

From the extractor, you'll probably choose to filter/strain it into some sort of bucket and keep it there to settle, etc, until you choose to jar it. Thorne's 15kg 'Rectank' (with valve) makes a nice container to jar from.

Your Association will probably have the best deal - though it may be for a limited number of jar styles ...

We are not all as well organized as Kent BKA,

we only bulk buy ambrosia syrup and fondant, We tried jars but the effort and access for fork lift trucks together with storage for several pallets of jars in an urban area was the problem

We are not all as well organized as Kent BKA,

we only bulk buy ambrosia syrup and fondant, We tried jars but the effort and access for fork lift trucks together with storage for several pallets of jars in an urban area was the problem

Ours doesn't even do syrup or fondant.

I let other members from my BKA piggy back my orders if they want to.

Wynne jones is the cheapest that i have found taking into account postage and VAT,I think theirs work out to £0.36p a jar. i have trawled the net and they come out top

The jars from Jam Jar Shop seem to work out about the same price. It looks like the P&P charges that make the difference.

Ironically (my wife tells me) there are some supermarket products in glass jars that are so cheap, it would be cheaper to buy them (and chuck what's inside down the drain) instead of buying new empty jars.

Pre order at the Honey Show - probably the cheapest you'll find and you get to go the event too!

Latest posts

Back