honey as thymol treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryanthebee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Had a thought today is it possible to use un capped honey mix with thymol to feed back the the girls for winter treatment.

well the base for my first batch of syrup was the rinsings from my extractor.

mine went in my cidre apple metheglin.................. bees get Hivemakers thymol formula Great British Beet Sugar... still cheapest at local Tesco when I take the expense of petrol into consideration!

minimising my carbon footprint!

thymol

Its because i have uncapped honey and i had to take it off for the thymol treatment.
I thought if i can use this honey which would not be ripe yet.
so i dont have go through any more expence this year as my girls are down to a broad and half to treat them.
I dont want to leave any more supers on as i feel i will be going backwards.

Had a thought today is it possible to use un capped honey mix with thymol to feed back the the girls for winter treatment.

Do you mean to feed your girls by thymol-honey put in feeder?. honestly usually I put well-healthy honey in feeder even if it was extracted after thymol treatment. I have never mix thymol with honey purposely.

Why do you think the honey isn't ripe? Basically if it's the right consistency it's ripe. If you want to be more scientific then a cheap refractometer will tell you (17% to 18% moisture is well within ripeness band).

Why do you think the honey isn't ripe? Basically if it's the right consistency it's ripe. If you want to be more scientific then a cheap refractometer will tell you (17% to 18% moisture is well within ripeness band).

:iagree: Check it first before you spoil it....

i just thought that if its not capped then it is not ripe, and i needed to treat the hives.

Latest posts

Back