Hivemakers Thymol oasis pads.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi I am making a batch of the thymol mix to treat varroa mite, only the 500 gram pack of crystals are a lot cheaper than buying 100 grams at a time. if I make a bigger batch will it keep. I think it should but was just wondering if anyone hhad made some and carried over what they hadn't used.

Made some up last year and will be using the same batch again this year. My mentor had a jar of the stuff and this will be his 3rd year with it, so good enough for me.

Made some up last year and will be using the same batch again this year. My mentor had a jar of the stuff and this will be his 3rd year with it, so good enough for me.
I thought it would but just didn't want to waste my time and money if it lost its effectiveness.
thanks for the reply

Storing the solid thymol is not exactly a hardship. Nor is weighing out a required amount. Even simply ‘cutting’ the bulk is easy to do as the recipe is not exactly ‘set in stone’.

Latest posts

Back