Hive Theft - M***nraker.com

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
This message, reads a little odd - is it somebody looking to advertise their website? Or genuine? Anyway it landed in my in-box, assuming it is genuine a fellow beekeepers has my sympathies so I thought I would post on here to raise awareness.

Subject: theft

To whom it may concern
Good morning, please can you ask your members, or put a note on your board, asking the bee keepers to keep an eye out for two stolen hives, these hives were three jumbo boxes deep, bright blue in colour with a large colony in each. They were supplied by modern bee keeping of Barnstaple, and the bees were native blacks. All five pieces of each hive (top and bottom pieces) plus the three boxes had my website m***nraker.com (like the moon but with three 'o's) burned into the polystyrene. They also shook the colony out of a third hive and killed off my apiary completely. Along with the hives the thieves took a red generator plus various other pieces of bee keeping equipment. This email is going out to every club and association in England.
I now have nothing and have had to put it all up for sale.

best regards and thanks jim

"I now have nothing and have had to put it all up for sale."

I've been told i could sell sand to Arabs, but even I would struggle here .......

depends on the price .......

a couple more vodkas and i might be pursuaded.......

I've been told i could sell sand to Arabs, but even I would struggle here .......

Mooonraker is a selling site so it could be a suitable venue to sell your nothing.....
I'm guessing it's just a clumsy attempt to promote the site

The message does indeed seem to have gone round a lot of association officers.
Dover's Secretary had also had the email.

I think if it was a marketing exercise then the officers of "every club and association in England" strikes me as a peculiar target market.

I'd suggest just taking it at face value and looking very carefully at any ModBeek poly hives one might come across being offered for second-hand sale - especially if it might look as though it had been previously marked.

most officers would then include it in their newsletters. sounds a great marketing system.

But I will keep an eye out not that I tend to buy kit except at the spring auction at brinsbury and defo not poly stuff.

you could always ask for the police incident number to show it's been reported.
If that's not forthcoming, then ignore it.

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding the bucket of sand I bought from you.
By the time I got it home it was gone. "There's a hole in my bucket dear Hedgehog, dear Hedgehog...There's a hole in my bucket dear Hedgehog,....a hole!":rolleyes:

Selling sand to Arabs

Actually there are quarrys north of London that do just that, sell sand to Arabs. Apparently British sand is much better in water desalination plants than any of that foreign muck.

Sorry for the short divert.

Actually there are quarrys north of London that do just that, sell sand to Arabs. Apparently British sand is much better in water desalination plants than any of that foreign muck.

Sorry for the short divert.

lol

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding the bucket of sand I bought from you.
By the time I got it home it was gone. "There's a hole in my bucket dear Hedgehog, dear Hedgehog...There's a hole in my bucket dear Hedgehog,....a hole!":rolleyes:

well, what can i say

you know what you can stick in your bucket hole, dear midnight sun.....buddy

:paparazzi:

send me a picture !!!

Moonraker.com is fashion site which my Mcafee has suggested is dangerous and not to go there. Looks odd to me!!!!

Back