HIV Cured

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many moons ago, when a teenager, I got to know a very wise old lady, she was a spiritualist, didn't try to evangelise, and was happy to discuss religion in general - in reply to my "just can't see the point in praying to some geezer sitting on a cloud", she grinned, tapped me on the chest, and said "pray to the god in there" - ever since then I've been firmly convinced that the best way is to "deal direct"..... not worthy

Brilliant. Thats exactly what I used to say too. You see in my area of faith, there is a huge amount of uncontested literature. Huge. I mean I could write a book on the healing benefits of plasticine and as long as I made it convincing, I could get it published. And sadly that is no joke. But (assuming I am a mad spiritual ranter) and I think I am spot on with my plasticine book and it gets published. Some will buy it. Some will read it and some will take its teachings to the letter. Then after some years they may write one themselves. And on it goes, year after year and then the professional writers get on board and get their chunk o cash. So when someone new comes along, they get a diluted, infiltrated, butchered version of the truth that was the first book. And thats that. Trouble is when you really think about it, and that what I have just written is quite true. Then you start to wonder what the exact truth is. Where it all came from. And after our done trying to get back to that you realise that you cannot get back far enough. I call it a pyramid of knowledge. You will always be at the bottom. How high that pyramid is depends on how popular that subject matter is and how much time has passed. So you have no hope of getting to the top. None. Unless it begins inside you with your truths. So what she said is spot on, but why she said it, may have been because of this reason.

Brilliant. Thats exactly what I used to say too. You see in my area of faith, there is a huge amount of uncontested literature. Huge. I mean I could write a book on the healing benefits of plasticine and as long as I made it convincing, I could get it published. And sadly that is no joke. But (assuming I am a mad spiritual ranter) and I think I am spot on with my plasticine book and it gets published. Some will buy it. Some will read it and some will take its teachings to the letter. Then after some years they may write one themselves. And on it goes, year after year and then the professional writers get on board and get their chunk o cash. So when someone new comes along, they get a diluted, infiltrated, butchered version of the truth that was the first book. And thats that. Trouble is when you really think about it, and that what I have just written is quite true. Then you start to wonder what the exact truth is. Where it all came from. And after our done trying to get back to that you realise that you cannot get back far enough. I call it a pyramid of knowledge. You will always be at the bottom. How high that pyramid is depends on how popular that subject matter is and how much time has passed. So you have no hope of getting to the top. None. Unless it begins inside you with your truths. So what she said is spot on, but why she said it, may have been because of this reason.

Reminds me of The Satanic Verses. With religious texts, everything depends on a) the words having been divinely inspired in the first place, and b) having been accurately reported.

Reminds me of The Satanic Verses. With religious texts, everything depends on a) the words having been divinely inspired in the first place, and b) having been accurately reported.

Add to that the vital element of context.

I would follow my church, but it just sees to stand there!

An attractive lady went into a bar and asked the frisky young bar tender for a double entendre. So he gave her one. :)

We were better off as Pagans - when we dealt with all other religions being forced upon us by the sword, bow and arrow

so there

S

Or christians in the crusades, or muslims...

Latest posts

Back