HI to all fellow bee enthusiasts.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bee bee king

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am in Hastings and have 1 hive from a caught swarm in neighbours garden in April and caught another swarm yestreday. I have some questions that I am going to post on the forum.
Cheers

Dont know about that but got stung 4 times yesterday collecting that swarm. The last one (and the first one) was really placid i even gave myself a bee beard. This lot just went straight for me.

Dont know about that but got stung 4 times yesterday collecting that swarm. The last one (and the first one) was really placid i even gave myself a bee beard. This lot just went straight for me.

That's not what he meant! In general, the wiser the head, the more harsh the delivery. Best cure is to search the forum and the web before posting and then give specifics.

<ADD> I was going to add this post http://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30261 as an example, but then I saw it is yours! Good luck and we'll see what happens. Putting it in the beginners' section helps. You might want to try answering it yourself though as a precaution...<?ADD>

Last edited:
The best source of help is your local association - have you considered joining?

Welcome. I hope you're thick skinned!

Ignore that, it's ridiculous.....just what the forum could do without.
There is a core of posters here who won't help themselves and expect even the simplest problem to be cured by somebody else by being spoon fed the answer.
They get shirty when admonished.
Welcome to a most wonderful hobby.

:welcome::welcome:
I am in Hastings and have 1 hive from a caught swarm in neighbours garden in April and caught another swarm yestreday. I have some questions that I am going to post on the forum.
Cheers
Fire away with the questions you are sure to get lots of reply's.

Welcome, ha you have bees, good start and you are learning already that bee colonies are different in temperament (defence) . Now you have an obligation to the welfare of your bees so good luck and enjoy them

The best source of help is your local association - have you considered joining?

Thanks for your reply. I did try to join the sussex bit of the national beekeepers or some such name but it wouldnt accept part of my registartion. Have I got opposing clubs to worry about...I may have offended some already by getting the names wrong. Dohh !!!

Ignore that, it's ridiculous.....just what the forum could do without.
There is a core of posters here who won't help themselves and expect even the simplest problem to be cured by somebody else by being spoon fed the answer.
They get shirty when admonished.
Welcome to a most wonderful hobby.

It seems to be a wonderful hobby but its getting more complicated looking at the conflicting answers to some of the questions.

Thanks but they often have differeny answers though.
Just goes to show that not all beekeepers and bees are the same, for example some colonies thrive in a 14x12 and some don't, one of many diverse scenarios. learn the basics and decide what answer suits your particular way of beekeeping.

Latest posts

Back