Hi from the Peak District

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatfeet

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
good evening all,

I am a new beekeeper and live in the High Peak national park. Some years ago, I helped an established beekeeper to set up an apiary in a garden area at the fire station I worked at. I had the intentions of him teaching me the ways, sadly I left the fire service and my beekeeping ended then and there. Recently at my new workplace, I managed to talk the directors into allowing me to set up an area with the intention of setting up an apiary. An established keeper placed two hives on the newly paved area, and they are thriving. I now have one hive at work thriving and a very weak hive that I will post a question for. It is my intention to have at least two hives at work and possibly one where I live, but my wife will not allow it in the garden, so I will have to place it in an area near my home.

I have read a lot of information from the Dave Cushman website and have Roger Patterson's book. I have bookmarked the youtube site BIBBA, which is very good, I think these two are very knowledgeable (or was in Dave's case) and I will use this info going forward. I have been reading this forum for some time and there seems to be a lot of good information on here, like all forums I enjoy the debates that ensue from an original question or statement and take or leave the advice given.

Welcome, you sound prepared for this forum. Looking forward to your questions.

Hello and welcome. Enjoy the forum and your bees!

Welcome buddy....lots of good info here.... don't be afraid to ask questions...I have asked so many I think folks are likely sick of me by now 🤣.

Lovin' the Vikings and Lionhearts profile pic.....I was at the Cardiff leg of the tour! 🤘

Lovin' the Vikings and Lionhearts profile pic.....I was at the Cardiff leg of the tour! 🤘

Indeed, one of my favourite bands, seen them a few times, I had tickets for Manchester, but couldn’t go as I’ve injured my back, completely gutted, never mind, roll on download 20, this will be my 14th year🤘

Awesome bro.....I used to do Monsters of Rock way back in the 90's.....went in 2016 as Download....it was good...but it bloody poured down 🤣
I go to Bloodstock every year now....the weather's so much nicer 😎🤘

Latest posts

Back