Hi From Norfolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braduk66

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi New to the hobby, just ordered my bees this morning for next year. Cannot wait to get started any tips are very welcome.

Hi mate and welcome! I’m a newbie too and the advice I can give is research as much as you can on here,books and join your local club they will help you massively.

Hello

Thanks for the advice, I have a few books which I am reading over and over again. I have been using you tube a lot especially Stewarts beekeeping basic really good video's.

Stuarts videos are pretty good - and you can soon get his enthusiasm for the craft.
Some youtube videos are poor though - some americans who think they are experts come to mind. So do beware!
Are you planning to do any training - with Stewart - or anyone else -or Easton College?

Last edited:
Its a bit late for the Easton Sept - Nov course but its repeated in January if you can get on it its the most informative 8 weeks you will ever have. Ian Watkinson was running it and is very good.
I did the course last year and it was fantastic - never known 8 weeks fly past. They also do a practical course in June which is also excellent and an opportunity to put the theory in to practice

Hi mate and welcome! I’m a newbie too and the advice I can give is research as much as you can on here,books and join your local club they will help you massively.

Welcome and agree with the above advice. It's my first year and the information on here is invaluable. Trawel through the posts on here and there's lots you will learn that a book can not teach you most of all beeks experences good and bad.

Hi

I have a Friend/mentor who is willing to help me for the first year etc. so I am hoping to gather has much information off him as possibly. He has more than forty hives at the moment so is knowledge must be excellent and he is willing to past the information on.

Hi and welcome it's nice to see alot more new beekeepers on here wherever they are in the country .
This hobby will definitely keep you on your toes at times . Good luck for the coming season .

Back