Hi from Guernsey, Channel Islands

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupot

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi All

I have had an interest in bees for many years, but never been in the position to be able to keep some. My situation however has now changed and have a selection of quiet, sunny (mainly south facing) fields and small woods.

So I've now taken the plunge and started to look more seriously into bee keeping. As such I've joined this forum in order to glean as much information as possible, and hopefully, it's a good place to ask questions and learn.

Stu

Oh yes! Welcome!
Pick and chose the answers to your questions but you will always get at least one. Read good books, get enough kit for two hives as you need it, sales start soon. Find a mentor to show you round a beehive, not too late yet. Spend good money on the best bee suit you can afford, it will give you confidence, and ask before you.....do!
Look forward to seeing you develop into a bee geek!
E

http://www.gbka.org.gg/
Hi Stupot I would check in with your local association first that's the link to their homepage
Then depending on what they say you might want to order a nucleus of bees from a supplier to get you started next season

:welcome: and enjoy the fabulous world of beekeeping, insistently you wouldn't happen to be a DJ

Welcome aboard.

Ahh ... Guernsey; the best Channel Island. Which parish are you from?

No need to be Sark-y, GrumpyBunny

Latest posts

Back