hi all newbie here!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobbyguy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi to all, I am complete novice and would like any help with courses, books to read, equipment needed etc. So far read 1 book. No equipment as yet and looking somewhere local to place my first hive and bees. ( my garden to small).
Regards Guy.

Hi Guy,

Agree with the above. Definitely join your local association. There is probably much more to learn than you think, though that's one of the best things about it.

The book I have found best so far is the very recent one written for BBKA (can I say that on here?). Straightforward but with all the essentials - and it has colour pictures!

The Haynes book is good too - except for some typos - but this goes for almost every beekeeping book I have read.

The most important thing for us in our first year however has been meeting so many other beekeepers who are helpful, interesting, generous and full of helpful (if sometimes contradictory) advice.

Good Luck
Ray

Hi and welcome I suggest 2 books that I have found to be of great use:
Guide to Bees and Honey by Ted Hooper. A fantastic reference book.
Haynes Bee Manual by Claire & Adrian Waring. Highly illistrated with good info.
Also get in contact with your local group to find about introductory courses and meet other likeminded people. Good luck

Welcome to the forum, Guy
Paul Metcalfe's DVD "An Introduction to Beekeeping" is a good one for starters :)

Latest posts

Back