Help Needed in Nowich..Urgent.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
As you know I am not well.

I have a couple of hives that I need help with to sort out.

When I fell ill I was halfway thro looking at hive that thought was getting read to swarm but had to stop work. Not realising how ill I was a pinned a QE over the front of the hive so I could finish th next day.

That didnt happen. Now have bees all over front of hive .
I cant handle it myself and will pay somebody local to come and help me as soon as possible...

I think best bet might be a walkway split, but only my opinion. I only have 1 spare brood box no floor or roof but some wood that can be used temporary and 2 or thee empty nucs.
Some unassembled frames and foundation. If you have spare equip tp help I will buy or rent..

Please please call me if you can help on Norwich 01603 462362
And you can stand and stare at the obs hive.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you aren't well. I am too far away to help but I hope someone comes to your aid.
Have a speedy recovery.

Hello Dishmop, how far from Kings Lynn are you?

Sorry Dishmop, I think I posted re Norwich beekeepers before you posted this. Hope you didn't mind.

Foxy lad and Pete D- please ignore my pm
Cazza

Ah just come in from beekeeping after spending the day on a skep making course".................so answered your pm. !

Chris myself and Corriena said we would help. Wanted to come over the other Saturday as there was a break in the bad weather but your wife was coming to see you. Sunday was also bad. Offered to come over in the week when weather picked up but was told you would be home. I call you tomorrow

Last edited:
Village Girl will call later and sort something out

I am trying to call but i cant get a reply. Is that number correct.
Will keep trying xx

Managed to escape from hospital again..tonight at 9 o' clock.

I think they get a commission on how long they keep you there. 4 hours waiting for my consultant..........who I've never met....Seems I have "not happy" written in my notes..

I will be here (hopefully) from now onwards if anybody can help.

Last edited:
Jut to let you know that I managed to escape form hospital for long enough for Outlander and Village Girl to come and sort my bees for me.........

and believe me they needed it.

I cant thank them enough because even standing in the garden watching tired me out...

No way could I have lifted those supers... We put three full super frames in a box and I could only just manage to carry that to the shed...... Got six full frames altogether but there double that left in the hives, but I didnt have any made up frames to replace them..
Added another brood box to one hive and took four frames from another for a nuc.

One interesting thing.... I started to get ill when I was inspecting a hive with the intention of doing a split because it looked as if they were getting reading to swarm..I couldnt finish the job and tacked a QE over the front of the hive to delay them until the next day.........4 weeks later..........!!!!! Outlander pulled the hive apart..... Last years queen has been replaced but there was no queen cells anywhere........

All the bees got pretty annoyed because there was a lot of work needed.

I got stung on my back just where I didnt really need to be stung.......Usually I take an antihistamine tablet before I inspect because I'm a wimp.
Was thinking about taking one afterwards and gave a thought as to if it was advisable because of the kidneys............No it bloody isnt. and it doesnt only cover kidneys...

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/antihistamines-leaflet

Thanks again to Outlander and Village Girl and all other offers of help

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back