Help moving our hive in southend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's not in Wales as you drive quite a long way to the welsh welcome sign.....it's in Gloucestershire....apparently.......but the bees were beginning to get out whilst driving through Wiltshire. Must have been a penny per bee......look after your pennies and the pounds will look after themselves!
Good luck with your move....

It must have been moved again then ... no wonder the tolls are so high with all the dismantling and rebuilding costs !

Ha ha.....just been over the bridge today....still in the same place but location still under question. Anyway 2 red rosettes today...my horse was a star. Bridge hadn't moved ... Noticeably...so we got home again OK....

Thank you Thurrock bees. Rat catcher has also offered to help. Think I will feel more confident with someone around who knows what they are doing ;)

I have ordered ratchet ties so hope they arrive tomorrow. Thinking of tying then and blocking them up Tuesday night for relocation Wednesday morning. Does that sound ok?

I know I need foam to block the front up but not sure where to get that, any advise?

I know I need foam to block the front up but not sure where to get that, any advise?
Craft shop (hobbycraft) - expensive though. Any upholstering type businesses near you? tell them what it's for, and as you only need scraps you'll probably get it buckshee. You only need a little bit

Thank you Thurrock bees. Rat catcher has also offered to help. Think I will feel more confident with someone around who knows what they are doing ;)

I have ordered ratchet ties so hope they arrive tomorrow. Thinking of tying then and blocking them up Tuesday night for relocation Wednesday morning. Does that sound ok?

I found some old cushions from a settee in a skip, and cut lengths out of them,
think you'll find thurrock bees was offering you an out apiary rather than a helping hand

Well it's not in Wales as you drive quite a long way to the welsh welcome sign

Funnily enough you also have to drive quite a while before you get to the 'welcome to England' sign as well - they're welcome to it anyway

Well i have the foam now and the straps fingers crossed we are all ready to go :)

We have internet again :)

Thank you so much for your help. The bees settled by the evening and seem to be orientation well.

Back