hello from south derbyshire/nwleics.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daftdrone

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
hi all,

i started on here yesterday with a question, i have received good advice straight away! i live in nwleics but keep my bees at work in south derbyshire.

i kind of fell in to beeking, my boss started it off as a novice with two hives his wife helping, i occasionally watched and lent a hand!

to cut a long story short my boss didn't have time to do it justice, and asked me if i wanted to take on the last remaining hive, one had swarmed out, the remaining hive was very weak, a small colonywas left behind!!

i saved the bees i had left, got my self trained with a prominant beek, brought them back from the brink lead them into there first strong year 2012,
but 'cause of the weather i just maintained them this year i took off my first honey, one super 28 lbs! not a bad thank you

paul

Well done and welcome ... lots of good advice on here and some not so good, but at least you get all sides so you can make your own mind up !

Latest posts

Back