Hello from Salford

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachann

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Soon, very soon
:welcome:

I've been buzzing around this forum for a few weeks and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Rachel and as you will see from the title, I come form sunny Salford. I not a new bee yet, but I'm just about finished reading a second book on beekeeping and I'm booked on to an 'Introduction to beekeeping' course in two weeks time and looking forward to it. :)

After that I'll see how things go, I may be looking for a spot to put a hive or just see if I can find someone I can help out while I'm learning; but that is in the future.

:welcome:

I've been buzzing around this forum for a few weeks and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Rachel and as you will see from the title, I come form sunny Salford. I not a new bee yet, but I'm just about finished reading a second book on beekeeping and I'm booked on to an 'Introduction to beekeeping' course in two weeks time and looking forward to it. :)

After that I'll see how things go, I may be looking for a spot to put a hive or just see if I can find someone I can help out while I'm learning; but that is in the future.

Welcome and look forward to living in interesting times.

Hi Rachel!

Welcome to the Forum!

I keep bees in the second city on the other side of the Canal!
I look after hives on the roofs of the Cathedral and the Printworks.

Where are you going for your course?
If you're going to Heaton Park, we might meet at the Monday apiary nights next season.

enjoy reading up over winter. It will serve you well.

Dusty

Welcome Rachel ... sounds like you are going about things the right way ... you'll find this forum is a goldmine of information ... lots of it you will never see in the books. It will be a great help to you once you get your bees and it really gets confusing !!!

Update

I have now completed the 'Introduction to beekeeping' course with the MDBKA.

It was amazing, if anyone is just starting I would recommend doing the course. The members were very informative and friendly and the facilities were excellent.
Although the talk on bee and hive diseases etc, was a bit overwhelming, the hands-on made up for it, it was really fun with all those bees buzzing around.

So has anyone got a spare hive.... :blush5: just joking.

Rachel, you are certainly starting the right way. Tho' in Wales have family ties to Salford , Irlam Cadishead.

Keep asking the questions and you will learn who to listern to.

Colin

Latest posts

Back