Hello from Norden rochdale Lancashire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouseinhat

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, my name is Matthew, I'm new to beekeeping, never kept a hive before, and do not have any at present, I will be starting beekeeping next year, this year is when I will be building up my knowledge, equipment, and hopefully a local and not so local network of fellow travellers.
Hi there!

Hi Matthew!

Welcome to the Forum!

Hope you enjoy this crazy place. Lots and lots of advice here - most of it contrary! It's supportive, wise, contrary, controversial, maddening and often zany, in equal measure.

You do well to start reading and planning now; it will serve you well for a start this time next year.

I suggest you join a local BKA and go on a course. There's a really good association for Manchester (M&DBKA) based in Heaton Park, and one in Oldham. Not sure about Rochdale, but someone will be along soon to put us straight.

Enjoy!

Dusty

welcome Matthew

I agree there is lots of good advice and information on here, I am finding it very interesting
.bee-smillie

Welcome aboard Matthew.

+1 on joining your local BKA; you'll get access to support, training and the chance for hands on training before you get your bees.

Above all, remember, "Ask three beekeepers, get five opinions."

;)

Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum I live just down the road from you in the not so posh part of Rochdale :) when you get your bees there will be three beekeepers in Rochdale that I know of – anyone else want to add to the list?

Thanks for the welcome everyone, yes, amongst the first things to do is to join a BKA and go on an introduction course, I work near Heaton Park, so that's the most likely one to go to, but looking at their calendar, I've left it a bit too late this year, I'll keep looking around.
I've not got a site 100% sorted either, but its early days yet, a guy I know has a site in manchester I can use if I need to, but its not exactly on my doorstep.
Matthew

hi and welcome matt
three beekeepers in Rochdale ? I didn't think it was that big :icon_204-2:
good luck for next year read lots and watch the answers and questions on here

hi and welcome matt
three beekeepers in Rochdale ? I didn't think it was that big :icon_204-2:
good luck for next year read lots and watch the answers and questions on here
At least three beekeepers in Rochdale – we only have one horse in town though :icon_204-2:

Hi Matthew!

Welcome to the Forum!

Hope you enjoy this crazy place. Lots and lots of advice here - most of it contrary! It's supportive, wise, contrary, controversial, maddening and often zany, in equal measure.

You do well to start reading and planning now; it will serve you well for a start this time next year.

I suggest you join a local BKA and go on a course. There's a really good association for Manchester (M&DBKA) based in Heaton Park, and one in Oldham. Not sure about Rochdale, but someone will be along soon to put us straight.

Enjoy!

Dusty

:iagree:
yes please join Manchester beekeepers we are a friendly bunch,meet every monday in the summer for new beekeepers to learn the craft.bee-smillie

And at least half of that horse is in my freezer judging from where I shop.!

You'll do just fine on here .... you need a sense of humour and a thick skin sometimes. I used to go to Rochdale in the days when Woolworths had a huge site there in the early 1970's ... Royle Barn Road, Castleton from memory. Nobody lived there then either !! At least with three beekeepers and one horse keeper there must be at least a population of four !!

welcome

Welcome Matthew. We're not so scary us beeks. Even us noobs

Latest posts

Back