Hello from Ilminster.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardening-girl

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi,just found this forum via youtube,looks very interesting.
I have two national hives that are going to be kept in a new cider orchard next to our allotment.No bees yet.
Starting my bee course in February.

Hi and welcome from another beek in the 'tropical' southwest.
If you're booked on a course I assume that you have joined the local BKA.
You will ideally get lots of help and advice from them, some of it correct, and will make lots of contacts.

Tim

Hello - you have some well-organised and helpful associations on your doorstep - I can vouch personally both for Taunton and Somerton. Google 'Somerset Beekeepers' for more info - although I suspect the course you mention may be with one of these.

Hello, I'm just down the road from you in Martock so if you want to talk anything through after your training send me a PM and I'll let you have my contact number.
Guess your going to be doing your training with Yeovil or Taunton Division based on the dates.

Hello again.
I have joined the South West division of the association as it covers my area,thinking of future help.
My course is with the Yeovil division.

:welcome: Hi hope you enjoy your course and get a better years weather than my 1st one last year, I'm not far away from you either I live in Shepton Mallet, look forward to hearing how your beekeeping goes. I love this forum, you have to put up with some very grumpy answers sometimes but it has a wealth of info to add to the info from the beeks from your local div, I warn you now it's very addictive

Last edited:
Hello from Ilminster also!

Dear All,

I know this thread is quite a few years old, but I cannot work out how to post a new thread.
I have recently moved to a small village in the outskirts of Ilminster and am extremely keen to add bees to our rambling smallholding. I am currently in the process of replanting a lot of the orchard and am converting one of the pasture fields into a wildflower meadow in order to feed as many hungry bees who want to live here.
Despite being passionate about bees since I was tiny, I've never been in a position to keep them, so am a complete novice.
Is there anybody local who fancies pointing me in the right direction?? I have no real idea where to star. Am I too late for this year??

Anyway, thank you for reading my excited ramble. Hope you are all well x

Back