heather watch

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked my five heather colonies. Pleased so far, out of 10 supers 6 have been drawn and 3 full in the 15 days they've been there. Predictably very busy today, hopefully the good weather continues

Just checked hives on the heather and not too bad considering the weather here lately.stronger hives have 2 full supers .a few weaker hives up there to get them fed and they're really heavy so will save quite a bit in sugar this year.

Checked hives close to heather yesterday and they are filling supers. Never had a noticeable crop before, it seems very late?
S

Depends which Moors you are on. The West Yorkshire Moors (not the Pennines) are still in full flower. It was about 2 weeks later than usual coming into bloom this year. Still looks spectacular and I've already harvested my first supers with more to come.

I looked at my hives today and the heather looks to be going over might be the last week with a bit of good weather and then a return home next weekend. 14x12 have four full supers, national has three, quite chuffed at that.

Latest posts

Back