Heather Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floyd

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 National
As you can see I am becoming more of a regular poster than an lurker.

As my experience grows and also the number of hives (4.5 at the moment) so does the amount of questions.

The bees are working a really good show of Heather at the moment. However we also have an amazing amount of wild flowers almost like the beginning of June.

My question is, do the bees favor storing different types of nectar in defined cells. If so do you think it is possible to extract the blossom honey and then press the heather honey.

I don't suppose there is a method of saving the comb and getting the Heather out. Although being my third year, this is the first year for removing honey as the previous 2 years have more been about increasing stock ( wife will be pleased that I am finally getting a return for the amount of cash invested)

Looking forward to the varying responses.

However on a different note. I can not thank you guys for the knowledge you have shared with me. It is quite freaky how often I lay in bed and come up with a question that I want to post only to get up and find someone has posted exactly the same question.

Now onto a completely different tangent. I do wish that more people would use paragraphs in there questions, as I find it very difficult to get it in my head when the text is just streamed in one paragraph (it's a gripe I know, but sometimes I feel like I miss the essence of the question or answer)

Hope I haven't upset anyone, probably looking for the elusive perfect world.

My your hearts be happy and your yields good.

As you can see I am becoming more of a regular poster than an lurker.

As my experience grows and also the number of hives (4.5 at the moment) so does the amount of questions.

The bees are working a really good show of Heather at the moment. However we also have an amazing amount of wild flowers almost like the beginning of June.

My question is, do the bees favor storing different types of nectar in defined cells. If so do you think it is possible to extract the blossom honey and then press the heather honey.

I don't suppose there is a method of saving the comb and getting the Heather out. Although being my third year, this is the first year for removing honey as the previous 2 years have more been about increasing stock ( wife will be pleased that I am finally getting a return for the amount of cash invested)

Looking forward to the varying responses.

However on a different note. I can not thank you guys for the knowledge you have shared with me. It is quite freaky how often I lay in bed and come up with a question that I want to post only to get up and find someone has posted exactly the same question.

Now onto a completely different tangent. I do wish that more people would use paragraphs in there questions, as I find it very difficult to get it in my head when the text is just streamed in one paragraph (it's a gripe I know, but sometimes I feel like I miss the essence of the question or answer)

I prefer it when people use their theirs/theres in the right place, Floyd...

I can't believe they would be so daft as to grade the honey differently, unless runnier stuff goes together as it would otherwise dilute that which has already been ripened somewhat.

I've no doubt someone will be along in a minute who knows EVERYTHING.

If the heather is mixed in with blossom then you need to be wary of calling it "heather honey".

My question is, do the bees favor storing different types of nectar in defined cells.

favor???

Very dangerous being pedantic on a forum patrolled rigorously by pedants.

I prefer it when people use their theirs/theres in the right place, Floyd...

I can't believe they would be so daft as to grade the honey differently, unless runnier stuff goes together as it would otherwise dilute that which has already been ripened somewhat.

I've no doubt someone will be along in a minute who knows EVERYTHING.

sound just like my old English teacher except I would have lump on my head from a black board duster, :eek: forgot a capital letter to start my sentence !. Good job Finmans not looking :D
Anyone fancy a Welsh lesson ?

Latest posts

Back