Heather 2021

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I wanted to up date this thread , we’ve had three samples of heather sent of for analysis sept 21 ,not the cheapest way of doing it but
Our ling heather honey is 80% pure across all three samples very pleased with the results, I’ve sent two samples of one spring honey sample and recently one summer honey looking forward to both results.
Also have just recently had our hms results back from last year!
Good luck to the heather goer’s this year!

we’ve had three samples of heather sent of for analysis
Our ling heather honey is 80% pure across all three samples very pleased with the results
Is this your heather or your employers?
Do you keep it back till you have results?

I’m just jarring some heather from last year.

I’m just jarring some heather

I’m just jarring some heather from last year.
Both dani , had the results last year for the heather but only spent time yesterday going through the data after a meeting.
The gaffer is a hard man to tie down

Well good luck with this year.
The ling is starting to flower already we had a dose of rain over the last two weeks so hopefully that will help , all this effort I hope it pays of if not there’s always next year .

Hi I wanted to up date this thread , we’ve had three samples of heather sent of for analysis sept 21 ,not the cheapest way of doing it but
Our ling heather honey is 80% pure across all three samples very pleased with the results, I’ve sent two samples of one spring honey sample and recently one summer honey looking forward to both results.
Also have just recently had our hms results back from last year!
Mine was v similar from my home apiary Mark, 80% heather, reat split between balsam and rosebay willow herb

I’ve just extracted some mid summer frames, mainly spring crop and balsam. Included 10 brood frames that I’d used as a super. Had one interesting frame amongst the brood frames, didn’t spin out, gel just like heather, except didn’t taste like ling but same colour. Maybe I’m mistaken and v early ling, but from a new apiary in the valley so a bit too early … be interested if anyone knows what else it might be…?

Attachments

• CFD66274-2AAE-4822-B042-8BAC3A57E1B8.jpeg
    CFD66274-2AAE-4822-B042-8BAC3A57E1B8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 13F29DBB-E634-40C2-BF22-496EFE3F9ED6.jpeg
    13F29DBB-E634-40C2-BF22-496EFE3F9ED6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back