Hatched today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Pea Hen with her young. She hatched off 4 and all doing well

Attachments

• P1000124.JPG
    P1000124.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 47
How lovely, Mike!
Did you have her indoors, or did she nest up a tree? A friend had one always nested on top of a huge clematis montana that had covered a shed roof with a thick mat of fibrous growth.

How lovely, Mike!
Did you have her indoors, or did she nest up a tree? A friend had one always nested on top of a huge clematis montana that had covered a shed roof with a thick mat of fibrous growth.

Hatched outside no protection. This is the first time she has bred, Thje other hen hatched off 1 but I believe 4 of her eggs were stolen.

Gorgeous. :)

I've never seen peacock chicks so it would be nice to see how they develop. If you've got time, could you update with more pictures as they grow?

Gorgeous. :)

I've never seen peacock chicks so it would be nice to see how they develop. If you've got time, could you update with more pictures as they grow?

Here's the chicks feeding on the door step, They are now 6 weeks old.

Attachments

• P1000155.JPG
    P1000155.JPG
    691.6 KB · Views: 38
greetings,
Are they for the pot ?

No sold as breeding stock. My wife would kill me if I killed them. Although at times I could when they devastate my vegetable and soft fruit garden.

Mike

Lovely, thanks Mike.

How long will it be before they get their adult plumage?

Ah, lovely, Mike. And they've got their little tufty top-knots already.

That's a lot of big feet to be scratching around your veg though.

Lovely, thanks Mike.

How long will it be before they get their adult plumage?

We have one chick which is about 10 week old. It is now1 getting colour to the neck but I can't tell which sex it is until it gets the brown flight feathers.

Mike

No sold as breeding stock. My wife would kill me if I killed them. Although at times I could when they devastate my vegetable and soft fruit garden.

Mike

My mate used to have them but they destroyed everything in his garden :hairpull:
He referred to them as Mulligans Marauders

Latest posts

Back