Ham Radio and Bee Keepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an app for echo link on iPhone !
VM

I have down loaded this app and it works very well!
VM

Cool stuff I was talking to a guy in Massachusetts through GB3NB. Was not about bees though.:ot:

My partner and I took the Advanced exam for our Full licence last week. Should get the results soon. A brief search reveals there are around 80,000 [link] amateur radio licences. However, this includes some double or even triple counting due to people holding Foundation, Intermediate and Full licences. Also, there'll be some people who have completely given up but their licence is still valid. I'd guess there are around 50,000 hams in the UK.

Potts 2010 suggests there are (as of 2005) around 50,000 beekeepers in the UK.

Given that there are around 50 million people in the UK over the age of 16 [link] then, without positive correlation, beekeeping hams should be very rare, literally one in a million or around 50 in the whole country. Seemly likely there're a lot more than 50 of us - so why the positive correlation between beekeeping and amateur radio?

Not luck! SWEAT ! :D get stuck in , no de-da de-da de-da required theses days :)
73s
VM G4WIL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck to you both. What did happen to the Beekeepers net.

Where do you go to get certified in the UK, I have icom sets on my boats and a set here at home that I brought home for repairs, it's marine and ham, clipped and it would be great to be able to rig it up and use it...

Latest posts

Back