Hachi - can somebody tell the bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Just to let everyone know that I received a message from Hachi's wife Caroline this morning.

Ian lost his battle with cancer last night and passed away peacefully at Dorothy House Hospice, Bradford Upon Avon surrounded by his family.

Ian had known for quite a while that he had cancer but didn't want it to be widely known so asked us who knew him well to keep it to ourselves.

I'm sure our thoughts are all with his family at this sad time

Thank you for letting us know Emyr. I had spoken to him recently and he still had a joke or two in him. He was hoping to make Christmas. So sad. The forum will miss his wit and knowledge.
I shall tell my bees shortly.

Reactions: mbc
Sad news ... Ian joined the forum just a few months before me ... he will be missed on here. Our thoughts must be with his family.

Very sad news....... another valued contributor no longer with us :(

I only found out about his passing last week - missed this post when it was posted last year. I thought he’d been a bit quiet of late…

To paraphrase Spike Milligan - I told you I was dead !

Rest easy fella

I only found out about his passing last week - missed this post when it was posted last year. I thought he’d been a bit quiet of late…

To paraphrase Spike Milligan - I told you I was dead !

Rest easy fella
I still have a jar of honey he sent me a week before he died. I don’t think I’ll ever open it 🥲

Just echoing what those above have said and condolences to the family….. Ian

Latest posts

Back