H***ords rip off

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I went to Hal**rds bike/car shop today, i noticed they had some small stsinless Barbeques that they had in Ald* last week, at double the price! £20! They were only £10 in A*di, so even if they have a hslf price sale they will still make the same profit as A*di :-(

I went to Hal**rds bike/car shop today, i noticed they had some small stsinless Barbeques that they had in Ald* last week, at double the price! £20! They were only £10 in A*di, so even if they have a hslf price sale they will still make the same profit as A*di :-(

sounds like them alright. everything is double price...

Your business knowledge is exposed by the (unstated, naturally) assumption that both merchants are buying on identical terms and have identical support costs and overheads. (There is an important distinction, vital should you ever run a business, between gross margin and net profit.)

Your business knowledge is exposed by the (unstated, naturally) assumption that both merchants are buying on identical terms and have identical support costs and overheads. (There is an important distinction, vital should you ever run a business, between gross margin and net profit.)

Oh no, ive been exposed, :icon_204-2::sos:

I cant imagine they are paying £10 more than Aldi for each one which is the only reason i can see for the difference?

they may be. aldi has a business model where they go to a supplier and order a massive one off shipment for a massive discount. Halfords will take smaller orders and pay lots more due to this.

they may be. aldi has a business model where they go to a supplier and order a massive one off shipment for a massive discount. Halfords will take smaller orders and pay lots more due to this.

I have a Trade card with Messers Halford, recenlty bought some brake light bulbs with ticket price of £2.99, mentioned had card 99p please :eek:

Bloke in Halfords complaining about price of barbeques. "These are only £10 in Aldi"
"Why don't you buy one there" asks the sales assistant.
"They have not got any" says the customer.
"Well, when we haven't got any, we sell them for £5" replies the salesman.

Here endeth the second lesson.

CVB

Bloke in Halfords complaining about price of barbeques. "These are only £10 in Aldi"
"Why don't you buy one there" asks the sales assistant.
"They have not got any" says the customer.
"Well, when we haven't got any, we sell them for £5" replies the salesman.

Here endeth the second lesson.

CVB

I wasnt buying a barbeque, i bought two in Aldi thats why i noticed them in Halfords.
Dam, i wish i had waited now untill Halfords had none in, £5? Bargain!:icon_204-2:

I only go in Halfords to chear myself up knowing that I know where the shops are that sell much cheaper stuff.

I only visit Halfords when they have a sale on and I KNOW I can buy there more cheaply that ECP. (ECP deliver FOC)

So I rarely visit Halfords.

My only problfm is i have £70 of vouchers to spend which breaks my heart to think i am probably paying double for whatever i get there, & i could get so much more elsewhere for the same amount!

My only problfm is i have £70 of vouchers to spend which breaks my heart to think i am probably paying double for whatever i get there, & i could get so much more elsewhere for the same amount!

sell vouchers on fleabay with 10% loss, buy half price at aldi.

I'll let you do the maths :)

Special Offer.

Free Halfords Voucher with every 3lb of Honey...

who goes to Halfords looking for BBQs.
can't imagine them shifting many.

:iagree:

Was there yesterday with my father in law getting mother in law's new bike (we wanted to make sure they'd installed the non-stick brake pads we'd asked for)

as I was there i thought I'd look for a new garden spade - not one in stock! how on earth do they expect to run a successful business!!

who goes to Halfords looking for BBQs.
can't imagine them shifting many.

They stock lots of camping equipment, hence the barbies, when di you last go to Halfords, they have sold other stuff for years :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back