Greetings from Norwich

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie king

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
Hi, New TBH'er this year.. Its been a wild ride with my wild bees! Looking for people and/or groups to hook up with in my area over the quiet months that are at least tolerant to alternative hive types ;)

I'm a self-employed gardener working all over Norfolk, hoping to add colonies wherever possible in the future. Other interests include Allotment gardening, music listening and creation ( mostly electronic), the Arts in general, philosophy, media etc.

Providing all goes well over the winter I hope to make some splits in spring into at least 1 national (foudationless) and 1 more TBH. Observation hive and NUCS are on the list too! I would like to propagate my existing line and bring in any exceptional queens from the local area.

Fingers Crossed :)

P.S. Im over at Beesource quite a lot but would like some local info too!

Last edited:
Hi Charlie
You would be very welcome at Dicklebees bee support group (Nott BBKA), not far from Norwich.
Meets in Dickleburgh Sea scout hut behind the church every 2nd Monday of the month at 7.30p.m.
Cazza

Thanks for the welcome!

Cazza would it be ok to just show up on the next meetup (13th) at around 7 - 7.30? Is parking available at the church?

I have been enjoying them a great deal Pete, I can see myself sticking around for the foreseeable future. I wish the feeling was mutual though! :D

Hi Charlie
There is parking on the street in front of the church or if you turn down the lane after the church, then turn right at the allotments, there is ample parking behind the scout hut.
Normally it's fine to turn up but it's skep making this month so you will be welcomed but there may not be enough skep stuff for you. (I'm away so I won't be there.) Everyone is lovely and very very friendly.
Cazza

Back