Greeting from Pennsylvania USA - Warre keeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckohl

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
Hello everyone. Really enjoy the discussions, especially on the Warre experiences. We started raising our bees in 2009, lost a few colonies, gained a few (swarm captures), started with 2 now we're up to 7.

I have questions for some of the more experienced Warre users, I'll place them on the Warre forum. Thank you in advance for your input!

This site really interested me because it appears to have originated in The UK. The Warre hives are a relatively new to the states when compared to European use.

Of course if I'm going to be credible here I'm going to need to learn how to say things like "What's all this then" and "Bob's your uncle"

This site really interested me because it appears to have originated in The UK. The Warre hives are a relatively new to the states when compared to European use.

Of course if I'm going to be credible here I'm going to need to learn how to say things like "What's all this then" and "Bob's your uncle"

welcome,
you may find dicussion on open or closed crown board, with or without matchsticks under it, SN5 verses SN4 frames or how to use wide or narrow spacers on SN1 in a super to draw comb like us talking double dutch or gobbledegook but join in...you'll learn

our climate is temperate marine so...wet with relativity mild winters for the latitude, currently midnight and 8 celsius (46 F) but could drop to several degrees below freezing within days if a NE wind come in from russia

I think "fanny" means back-bottom in the USA :D

Latest posts

Back