Good grief - whatever next!?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a few years ago, plants on sale carrying the warning "NOT FOR PROPAGATION"
Don't see it now I guess it was ignored :leaving:

John W

VM - you still get restrictions on newly released plants - check out sellers of blackcurrant big boy on the web and read the descriptions.

VM - you still get restrictions on newly released plants - check out sellers of blackcurrant big boy on the web and read the descriptions.

Spoiled mead makes a good vodka!:D

John W

thoese hives are on a building next to saint pancreas station

I remember a few years ago, plants on sale carrying the warning "NOT FOR PROPAGATION"

John W

:) :) I have been known to window shop in garden centres leaving with a pocket full of ahem.....cuttings.
Might be useful if you could get ground elder to produce something for the smoker ;)

Those who are easily offended may wish to avoid Googling "Big Boy", some of the links go to interesting places.

To be honest I don't think anyone can stop you taking and growing on from cuttings of a plant you have bought - but the problems would come if you tried to sell them and the variety was registered to the original developers.

Last edited:
When surfinias were first introduced, they had warnings about unauthorised propagation. No-one informed my plants as they set seed in our cobbles which grew and flowered the next year..

Our police made home seach to the company which sells hassis nursing equipmenst and found the customer register.

the result was that equipment selling is not a crime.

So that pollen reseach. The police look the waggle dance an see the direction and the distance.
Poor gardeners.

A good video! Only an art/science "futures" project at present, but a reasonable enough proposition for the future - except that they'd have to work out how to link a particular waggle dance with a particular pollen sample, which might be tricky as bees do this a lot....

Plus, genetically modifying plants can affect both nectaries and pollen production, so you could circumvent the whole risk by simply modifying the plant not to produce pollen!

What humans can invent, humans can circumvent.....

this is the 'world according to monsanto' 10 part documentary on utube

Latest posts

Back