Good flow on here, but on what?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
more than 4
Bees back from Heather moor at weekend, now filling supers on lively flow some Himalayan Balsam,Ivy's not quite out yet but they're bringing in almost like a summers day had to put a second supers on 6 hives.

On the evidence of my two apiaries, there seems to be a good flow on in South Leeds, but not in North Leeds. There must be something in the industrial area that the green and leafy suburb is lacking.

On the evidence of my two apiaries, there seems to be a good flow on in South Leeds, but not in North Leeds. There must be something in the industrial area that the green and leafy suburb is lacking.

An M&M's factory !!??

:D

There are still masses of garden flowers and shrubs flowering at the moment I even seen a patch of Dandelions that bees were working.

Our bees are mainly on the HB but are also working the cornflowers.

weather incredible here, bees coming and going like goodo !

Great to see, and Ivy not yet open anywhere local. Still a lot of late flowering forage, OSR patches, Rudbeckia, Dahlias, Sedum, Asters about to burst into bloom, campanula back out , great to see. :)

Bees returning to my hives covered in Balsam pollen! :D

Are they still bringing in ling? Is it over?

How did they do?

Good hear you are still producing so late in the season. Beautiful weather at the moment

Ivy nectar flow in full swing here in this part of Berkshire. Looking at the hives, you'd think it was the middle of June......except for the distinct smell of Ivy honey in the apiary.

Just put 2 supers onto hives. Really good looking flow here! Going away until Monday tomorrow, thinking a couple of other hives will need supers before I go as well.

One super I think will be ready to take off by the time I get back on Monday.

Latest posts

Back