Good bee plants for health and honey.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBG that all sounds great lot of work ahead of me next spring.
When i get a hive it is going up one end of the land because the other end is really windy and all i can do is wait for my trees to grow up to put a stop to it.
Thanks everyone for the help, one day it will be perfect down the land i may well be retirement age when it happens but at least it's something to look forward to, as i dont think i will ever own my own home the way the banks are lending, or not lending.

fraser

great site added to my favourites just seen a bat detector on there for my christmas prezzie list thanks

Really good site that gingerbees, it's hard to get some of them fruit trees nowadays because every where is stocking what fruit the super markets are selling .That is bullet hard fruits that are easily transported rather than some of our old fashioned sweet juicy delicate pears and things that are not easily transported all over the world.
I hope we don't have a really hard winter, last year i couldn't do much planting the ground was solid nearly the whole time.

I'd add Michaelmas daisies to the list as a final pollen source in the UK.

(- but beware as they're invasive b+st+rds !)

I had a wander round my 'meadow' this afternoon - and they were concentrating on the borage. "Jacobs Ladder" looked to be in full blossom but was being ignored.

Hawksbeards are good and many, like this Bristly Hawksbeard flower right into September, nectar and pollen.

Bristly-hawksbeard.jpg
[/IMG]

Chris.

I'd add Michaelmas daisies to the list as a final pollen source in the UK.

(- but beware as they're invasive b+st+rds !)

I had a wander round my 'meadow' this afternoon - and they were concentrating on the borage. "Jacobs Ladder" looked to be in full blossom but was being ignored.

That sounds rather posh, must be lovely to have a meadow. Yeah m daisies need a bit of spreading anyway, its a large area.

Topbar

Yes, it does sound posh - especially as my " Meadow" is only 70ft by 40ft. However, it has taken an awful lot of time and four years to get rid of grass and other invasive plants I don't want.

I'm re-considering allowing Dandelions back in!

richard

BBG that all sounds great lot of work ahead of me next spring.
When i get a hive it is going up one end of the land because the other end is really windy and all i can do is wait for my trees to grow up to put a stop to it.
Thanks everyone for the help, one day it will be perfect down the land i may well be retirement age when it happens but at least it's something to look forward to, as i dont think i will ever own my own home the way the banks are lending, or not lending.

fraser

Don't work yourself to death!

Get local tractor in to plough and power harrow - simples - hard work isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Crimson clover does best, I read somewhere, on ground that has not been ploughed just scarified or harrowed vigorously.

Hyssop would be over close to half an acre for me - just to see if what they say is true - don't know what the price of seed is mind!

Best of luck and send me a pic of now and a bit later and another when it starts to grow - one a month would be v interesting to me at least.

Cheers

BEWARE some meadow grass mix - they can contain a lot of thistle and who knows what. Stipulate NO thistle or other weed type stuff.

Daffodils contain lycerine - toxic to bees - hence no bees on daffs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back