Golf club question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShinySideUp

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
None, ex-beekeeper
I have large garden which is 'L' shaped with longest sides 50 x 50 metres and I was having a daydream and thought I might like to make a three hole golf course. Obviously I would want a putter but what is the name of the club I would require to get between holes (probably 30 metres mas distance) bearing in mind that one of the holes would be up a half metre step so the ball would have to be lifted a bit?

I know nothing about golf or golf equipment but it would be an interesting exercise.

I'm no expert but that's about a half swing with some sort of wedge I would guess. You can get clubs really cheaply second hand.

A pitching wedge would do it. Usually marked P or PW. Lifts the ball high with a short distance and therefore stops quickly when it land, without rolling on too far.

Would suggest a visit to your local driving range before you get your mower out.......

Would suggest a visit to your local driving range before you get your mower out.......

My garden is not big enough to require experience on a driving range although there are a few people round here I wouldn't mind dropping the odd golf ball on.

I have my answer though, I'll get a putter and pitching wedge, dig a few cups into the ground and give it a go; it's only for a bit of fun in the summer.

Latest posts

Back