Gas Vap Blowtorch

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia9801

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well what a useless piece of junk the blowtorch is that came with my Gas Vap!

It's their Andre James version and I used it on three hives of mine last year. It's been carefully stored in the cardboard box it came in since then and it's useless. I've tried and tried filling it as per it's instructions and a "squirt" of a flame appears!

Don't buy it is my advice! I've wasted a few pound on a poor product.

Well what a useless piece of junk the blowtorch is that came with my Gas Vap!

It's their Andre James version and I used it on three hives of mine last year. It's been carefully stored in the cardboard box it came in since then and it's useless. I've tried and tried filling it as per it's instructions and a "squirt" of a flame appears!

Don't buy it is my advice! I've wasted a few pound on a poor product.
That sounds like an incorrect type of nozzle for that particular valve and that most of the gas is escaping.

Have you tried more than one type?

I've found the long butane lighter ones work ok for it.

That sounds like an incorrect type of nozzle for that particular valve and that most of the gas is escaping.

Have you tried more than one type?

I've found the long butane lighter ones work ok for it.
I've tried various ones that come with a can of fuel. Would you be able to send me a photo of the one that fits yours?

I've tried various ones that come with a can of fuel. Would you be able to send me a photo of the one that fits yours?
I used this one which comes with a range of nozzle adaptors but I've only had to use the basic standard one.

These are quite a common option so it could be that you've already tried these with no luck?

If that's the case, it may be that the pressure valve has become damaged, or more likley deterioated since it was last used.

Hope this proves helpful!

1684276185676.png

I'll persevere and ascertain if the problem is .......me! Thank you all for your replies!

Yeah....I bought a bundle from Gas-Vap....Gas-vVap was really good...but gotta say the torch was rubbish .....fell apart after about half a dozen uses..leaked gas....bugger to fill etc

.....in the end I went with a rothenburger plumbing torch (can't remember the model name..but it has the 22mm pipe as standard in it...I can go find out the exact model if you wish) The blow torch part screws onto the gas canister...easier than trying to refill a cheap chef's torch....and less fat!
Cost about thirty quid from Toolstation (I think)

It's been carefully stored in the cardboard box it came in since then and it's useless. I've tried and tried filling it as per it's instructions and a "squirt" of a flame appears!
When you've got it refilled ok, keep it in use.
I use mine to light the smoker in the summer (and the wood burner in the winter!)

Latest posts

Back