Freehold property

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Called to bees a few months ago, Tree bees moved into a birdbox. Simple job by taking the bees and the box away completely. Relocated on a friends garden, 3 months on the bumbles have expired, a cast of honeys move in... Fantastic.

URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/donky7/media/beez/20160604_213422.jpg.html]
20160604_213422.jpg
[/URL]

Not so fantastic! Get them moved, fed, reinforced, etc. Or they will unlikely survive the winter.

Planning to place in my new observation glass hive towards weekend.

Not such a clever idea, if they are not strong enough to thrive without beekeeper intervention. If small, moving to a warm nuc and reinforcing with emerging brood would be far more sensible.

Planning to place in my new observation glass hive towards weekend.

:hairpull:... their gonna die anyway!

Good luck and enjoy watching the cast of 100s !!

I'm jealous as can not have honeybees anywhere near my house.
Two of my family are allergic.. far too big a risk!

Yeghes da

They will be well fed, and kept inside out of the winter weather.

Its an internal observation glass hive. The other colony outside has been there since June and well established.

Not so fantastic! Get them moved, fed, reinforced, etc. Or they will unlikely survive the winter.

Mansfield may be a different story to London but I reckon I could overwinter that. In Mansfield, some external insulation might help. Whether one SHOULD is a different discussion.

Latest posts

Back