• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale - full 14x12 colony and supers (Oxfordshire)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Due to personal commitments, I have decided to give up beekeeping for the time being.

I will be selling all my bees over the next few weeks, but this one - my best colony - is ready to go now.

A big, strong colony on 14x12 nationals. Local 2010 queen, clipped and marked. Although this is perhaps a dauntingly large colony for a beginner, the bees are generally docile and easy to handle. They don't follow at all, and have shown surprisingly little inclination to swarm this year. I've had 2 supers off them already.

Health-wise, I noticed a tiny bit of wax moth when I inspected this morning, but otherwise I think they're fine. Treated with Apiguard last autumn, no noticeable varroa problem. On open mesh floor.

Because I am giving up completely, I am selling this colony with 3 supers, in varying states of fullness (it probably adds up to almost one full super of stores, but in bits). Some of the super frames are a bit messy due to different spacer sizes (I ran out) and clumsy uncapping! But otherwise this is a great colony. Easily suitable for splitting this year.

£200 including the supers, hive stand, plus a few bits and bobs like a rapid feeder if you want.

Collect from south Oxford.

sounds a real bargain, sorry to hear you are giving up, I would expect this to be a very quick sale

Hi, I am looking for my first hive and this sounds ideal (bit large but hey ho my theory is in for a penny in for a pound). Couple of q's though as this is the first time I've done this - how old is the hive itself and what sort of condition is it in? Would it fit in the back of an estate car? Thanks Andrea

Hi Andrea
I'm afraid I've agreed a sale on this one. However, in a couple of weeks I will be selling some smaller colonies/nucs (if they start laying as expected). One of those might suit you. I'll send you a message when they're ready if you like.

Latest posts

Back