Food Factory Jed Marshall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxylad

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Jed Marshall on TV tonight, guess what feed holes open!

Is it just me or does anyone else get food factory sugar rush which seems to be all about custard, frozen pizza and dog food when you click on the link??

Which part of the episode do you see honey supers??

Is it just me or does anyone else get food factory sugar rush which seems to be all about custard, frozen pizza and dog food when you click on the link??

Which part of the episode do you see honey supers??

yep me to

looks like they have put the correct title and description up but left an older episode on!

Supposedly this is being rebroadcast on BBC One Fri at 00:55 except for Wales region.

Iplayer still got the wrong episode :(

No gloves?!?!

Possible because the hive has been moved and has no foragers, just a queen, drones and young workers that don't know how to sting. Doing this makes the filming a bit easier.

Bare hands is not such a huge leap as the level of sting protection offered by nitrile or latex gloves is minimal anyway (and you don't need leather ones unless you have a colony from hell)

Many years ago I saw a 'problem' hive smoked heavily that stung everyone in the near vicinity. A week later another beekeeper, under worse weather conditions, went through the same hive in a veil, bare arms and no gloves, using no smoke. No one got stung.

Thought the finger full of honey under the unzipped veil was a bit risky too, but if it was forager free/young bees as suggested, not that risky.

Looked as if he'd squished a cpl in the comb too !

Back