Flow Hive - more info

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.perhaps whilst the frames are out, just bung them in the extractor possibly??? maybe?

but I don't own an extractor,lol
and would not want to borrow the clubs one unless I had a few supers to remove, spinning the odd frame or two would be crazy surely ??
think of the mess, the cleaning............

but I don't own an extractor,lol
and would not want to borrow the clubs one unless I had a few supers to remove, spinning the odd frame or two would be crazy surely ??
think of the mess, the cleaning............

I agree, with only five hives it would not be worth you bothering with an extractor, the flow frames should be ideal in your situation, plus as you say, they won't create any mess for you to have to clear up.

I agree, with only five hives it would not be worth you bothering with an extractor, the flow frames should be ideal in your situation, plus as you say, they won't create any mess for you to have to clear up.

Yeh spend away, $470 per super box - what can possibly go wrong, out of all the things to challenge a beekeeper this is the most silly - 'honey is messy'.

The fact that most new beekeepers pack in within two years should be caution enough re spending money on these things.

Who on earth has 5 hives and no way to extract honey in the first place?

But what do I know… :)

This will be on QVC within a year!

Last edited:

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Who on earth has 5 hives and no way to extract honey in the first place?

But what do I know… :)

This will be on QVC within a year!

the trouble when posts become lengthy is people skip to the end rather than reading through, I produce and sell mostly cut comb, hence no need for an extractor, the odds left over from comb cutting gets crushed and strained,

so in answer to your question, you know nothing :)

the trouble when posts become lengthy is people skip to the end rather than reading through, I produce and sell mostly cut comb, hence no need for an extractor, the odds left over from comb cutting gets crushed and strained,

so in answer to your question, you know nothing :)

I can't be arse'd to read em, you got me - go spend away, sounds like a dream solution

Perhaps crushing the flow frames might be the best thing for them.

most of us hobby bee keepers don't keep bees to make us into millionaire's, we do it because we like keeping bees,
you still take thier honey and sell it though..

$9,762,922USD
raised by 27,106 people in 1 month

7 days left.

it would be nice, if they could donate a few million, to eradicate Varroa, or other research in Honey Bees, as they only wanted $70,000 originally!

Greed ?

Last edited:
$9,762,922USD
raised by 27,106 people in 1 month

7 days left.

it would be nice, if they could donate a few million, to eradicate Varroa, or other research in Honey Bees, as they only wanted $70,000 originally!

Greed ?

I'm sure they must have tried to stop people giving them money once they had reach the requested amount......some technical issue somewhere I assume..somebody forgot the password or the broadband connection is slow and times out.

I'm suprised that during the delay in production that the Chinese havent got them on ebay at 50p each free postage.

sounds like ebay will be busy next year if they actually supply all this kit.

I really do not get the point of the flow hive - as it goes against every reason for becoming a bee-keeper...

I really do not get the point of the flow hive - as it goes against every reason for becoming a bee-keeper...

maybe for you ???

my reason to keep bees, I do pest control for london underground, but of course, bees are not classed as pests, but without correct certification, a normal beekeeper would not be allowed on the live tracks, so it made sense to start keeping bees myself, rather than leaving them to a probable death

so, no, the flow hive does not go against any of my reasons for becoming a beekeeper

From latest update:"The delivery date for any post April 19 orders will be later in 2016. We will be making sure that all those who jumped in early and supported us on Indiegogo will be looked after first."

From latest update:"The delivery date for any post April 19 orders will be later in 2016. We will be making sure that all those who jumped in early and supported us on Indiegogo will be looked after first."

Makes sense due to the high volume they will have to deal with. As long as the manufacturer can cope with the workload. Otherwise the Andersons will have to find someone else. But 10 years in development they should have a good rapport with the manufacturer and chosen them because they can rise to the challenge.

Back