First inspection by RBI

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffin dodger

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 of my own + 2 shared
Hi All,

The regional bee inspector was in our area today and had arranged to call in and inspect the hives, all in all, a very interesting hour or so, he happily explained everything that he was doing, answered many questions, and took the time to go through things, he was happy with both hives and the way they were coming on and gave the both a clean bill of health, I look forward to whenever the next inspection may be.

Regards
CD

I always look forward to a visit from the inspector- interesting to hear what he's got to say.

Unfortunately, I think inspections are going to get rarer as their funding gets squeezed.

They are employing 7 more seasonal inspectors so i doubt the funding is being squeezed.

The one they are advertising for in this area is most likely because our bee inspector retired at the end of last season, he was inspector for this area for a great many years.

I still don't think the inspectorate programme is going to be squeezed anytime soon...

They can make cuts in other ways,like the proposed DASH (disease accreditation scheme for honey bees)

They are employing 7 more seasonal inspectors so i doubt the funding is being squeezed.

I think that "7 more" is a significant misunderstanding.

They are indeed advertising 7 posts.
But they are in existing areas.
There is no indication of any increase in the Inspectorate.

SBIs are on single-year contracts.
I fully expect that the current post-holders will be invited to re-apply for their positions.
This has been discussed in two threads already!

you are most probably right there, my mistake! Although if they were being squeezed would they re post those positions? But then I guess no job is safe at the moment.

I think that "7 more" is a significant misunderstanding.

They are indeed advertising 7 posts.
But they are in existing areas.
There is no indication of any increase in the Inspectorate.

SBIs are on single-year contracts.
I fully expect that the current post-holders will be invited to re-apply for their positions.
This has been discussed in two threads already!

At least one previous post holder is being moved to inspecting roadkill.

Latest posts

Back