First Day as a Beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winker

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Today I officially became a Beekeeper! I picked up my first Nuc of bees today from WFP as promised by William.

Drove the 55 miles back home with most of the bees on the passenger seat in a poly nuc box and a few spare bees flying around the car… Scariest drive in my life. But I made it without letting the bees escape in the car.

Tomorrow I get to stroke, cuddle and rehome them in their nice new cedar hive.

Funny thing was, I was just about to leave to pick up my new bees when I looked at the neighbours front door to see that a colony had moved into their cavity wall. I had to pay for mine…they get theirs free. There is just no justice!

I had to go tell him that he had honey bees move into a hole in his wall. Before he accused me of letting my new bees escape.

I had to go tell him that he had honey bees move into a hole in his wall. Before he accused me of letting my new bees escape.

Go and buy some wood quick.....:seeya:

Well don winker I remember that first drive with a hive of bees in the car and a couple flying around the car expecting the rest to fill the car at any moment.
Good look for the rest of the season

Latest posts

Back