Fireworks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry didn't quite catch that !!!

Next doors collie is doing cartwheels in the bay window, I think he wants to attack every rocket lol

All quiet here - Nov 5th is just another day...

Ah they were probably having:
a) extended lunch break
and/or
b) on strike
:icon_204-2:

This year they seem to be louder but I have a very stressed dog in the house who reacts very badly to the noise so I more tuned in to the bangs!
Very upsetting seeing jazz (my papillon) so distressed!

Move to Devon - we have family friendly fireworks! Absolutely no loud noises -protect your child from birth...why not? If the powers that be had their way - nothing negative would ever happen, they would never lose, never be scared...oh what a scary life...

Around here Diwali is bigger than Guy Fawkes for fireworks. Weekend, Diwali Monday, Guy Fawkes Tuesday. Add in display size single ignition boxes from China. Like a war breaks out every night 6 to past midnight. Should be a little quieter now until another big burst at the weekend.

A few years ago I picked up two American ladies form a hotel in Norwich to take them back to Heathrow.
On the journey they were talking about Norwich etc and mentioned all the noise and explosions..
After a bit of thought I realised that they were refering to the fireworks..
Had to explain it all to them as they knew nothing about Guy Fawkes... it then turned out that they thought the noise was gunshots because the driver who had brought them to Norwich had wound them up and told them that the hotel might not be up to much as it was a rough area of Norwich.:icon_204-2:

If there were no fireworks, we'd have to find another use for matchsticks...
;)

Around here Diwali is bigger than Guy Fawkes for fireworks. Weekend, Diwali Monday, Guy Fawkes Tuesday. Add in display size single ignition boxes from China. Like a war breaks out every night 6 to past midnight. Should be a little quieter now until another big burst at the weekend.

:iagree: And plenty of the fireworks are clearly commercial in size and amazes me how people get hold of them. Sunday night was quite something.

plenty of the fireworks are clearly commercial in size and amazes me how people get hold of them.
You know when you're in a "firework zone" when there are shops selling them year round, New Year is growing but birthdays, weddings and other celebrations are now big business. "Display" (category 3 in BS7114) can be sold over the counter (or mail order) with only an age restriction of 18. They will be marked that spectators should be at least 25m away. Intended for open sites, but plenty get used in small gardens.

In practice there are far fewer firework injuries now than there were 30 or more years ago. The big packs are more stable than the old thin tubes and the obviously dangerous travelling fireworks (jumping jacks) and those with a reputation for misuse (bangers) are banned.

had them for over a week here, throwing cat biscuits on the floor seems to stop the dogs going nuts.
some are louder i know several sources of imported fireworks that aren't technically legal.
no kids 3 dogs and getting old so my interest in them has expired.
don't mind anyone else buying them but i don't like it when someone lets some off at 1 am though.

Latest posts

Back