Finding a new beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He said it was his employee who was from the continent did not find it profitable; which is a valid complaint given the way the pound has gone.

It would be a valid complaint if you came here to work and send the money earned out of the country. Surely our immigrant workers aren't doing that. I keep hearing how they put it all back into the local community.

One forum member - 14x12 - was running beekeeping training courses for ex-service personnel who had suffered from PTSD. It may be that some of the people who have been through his training might be interested in paid employment in beekeeping.

14x12 is on the members list here - https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/member.php?u=14995

You could send him a Personal Message.

CVB

Was your user name well thought out?
Always going to be difficult to fill a seasonal, highly skilled and physically demanding job with relatively poor remuneration (I assume as people always say how difficult it is to make money from bees).

Last edited:
What would you be paying?
:spy:
  • £20-25K?
  • £25-30K?
  • >30K?
Is full PPE provided free?
Do you have a copy of your Safety Policy?

Last edited:
available bee keepers / Apiary Technicians looking for employment

Hi! I am Anton Mendoza, The Managing Director of Green Leaf Concepts, Services and Products Co. we are bee keeping people, dedicated to the preservation, promotion and education of our bee keeping industry.

One of our successful program is the training and assistance by the international bee keeping community to our Apiary workers / Bee Keepers.
And as an owner of a honey bee farm we understand the skills that are need to in rearing bees and managing the farm. With the several international assistance and our experience we could qualify, assess and recommend highly trained workers.

Currently we have 50 well trained and tenured professional Apiary workers / Bee keepers with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a commercial operation that are seeking for employment, our responsibility is to assist them in their process of looking for employment.

They all have undergone rigorous testing and we can guarantee that this applicants are well qualified.

Should you need workers for your apiary we can send their CV’s for your review and assessment.

Truly yours,

Anton Mendoza
Managing Director
Green Leaf Concepts, Services and Products Co.
3-9 ECCO Building Corner Assumption Road and General Luna Street
Baguio City 2600
Philippines
Tel. number:
Mobile : +639774274026
: +639183196620
Land Line: +63742442673

Facebook: Greenleaf Csp Co.
Member of Bee Keepers Network Philippines Foundation Inc.

Was your user name well thought out?
Always going to be difficult to fill a seasonal, highly skilled and physically demanding job with relatively poor remuneration (I assume as people always say how difficult it is to make money from bees).

Username advice taken on board. I've created another login with a changed name - My old Command and Conquer (game) name tag has gotta go. Waiting for that to go through admin.

Poor bloke was only asking where might be a good place to find a beekeeper looking for work.

Someone mentioned ex-services with PTSD earlier, I am - I have done three courses now, with Help for Heroes, East Dorset Bee Keepers Association and with a bee farmer. I currently have eight hives, so looking after 300 would be a BIG jump, but I live in Dorset so Northamptonshire is too far away anyhow.

It might be worth having a word with H4H, they have a large contact network, and may be able to assist in finding someone to help - and you know ex-services won't be put off by a bit of rain or hard work.

Poor bloke was only asking where might be a good place to find a beekeeper looking for work.

Someone mentioned ex-services with PTSD earlier, I am - I have done three courses now, with Help for Heroes, East Dorset Bee Keepers Association and with a bee farmer. I currently have eight hives, so looking after 300 would be a BIG jump, but I live in Dorset so Northamptonshire is too far away anyhow.

It might be worth having a word with H4H, they have a large contact network, and may be able to assist in finding someone to help - and you know ex-services won't be put off by a bit of rain or hard work.

A bit put back at some of the hostile responses. Having met so many fine individuals at the last BFA open day that my dad put on , some of who probably reside on these here forums such negativity seems unwarranted.

I really like the idea of ex-service personnel, seems a excellent idea. :thanks:

Hi! I am Anton Mendoza, The Managing Director of . . . . . , Services and Products Co. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . bee keeping people, dedicated to . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

we can guarantee that this applicants are well qualified.

Should you need workers for your apiary . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Truly yours,

Anton Mendoza
Managing Director
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Baguio City
Philippines
Tel. number:
Mobile : +
Land Line: +.

Don't we need to make a donation for Advertising?:nono:

Don't they all need to have work permits/visas?
JBM??
They are working in hospitals over here as nurses, in Wales anyway.
I'm sure that for some of us, the idea of a Pilipino maid on hand to tend to our bees for £5 a day may be rather appealing
However, the nurses have recognised Qualifications, are meeting a shortfall in the NHS and being paid the full wage!

Preyingmantis just needs seasonal Labour!

I doubt that Mr Mendoza is running a charity either!

Last edited:
A bit put back at some of the hostile responses. Having met so many fine individuals at the last BFA open day that my dad put on , some of who probably reside on these here forums such negativity seems unwarranted.

I really like the idea of ex-service personnel, seems a excellent idea. :thanks:

I was a bit puzzled by the obvious hostility your post attracted. But you know what they say about owners becoming like their dogs. It could happen with bees and bee keepers, and sometimes you get aggressive bees.
Anyway, the hostility would have been far greater if you'd suggested a new kind of hive. It's taken many of those here decades to move on from skeps.

Latest posts

Back