Feeding?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can I just confirm - I have two hives both with five frames of bees including brood and stores. Should I feed? They seem very busy and happy at the moment and there is lots of willow and laurel which has flowers on it around. Thank you for reading and any help would be appreciated.

How many frames of stores?
2 should be adequate even if bees are confined in bad weather till next inspection.
Queen needs room to lay,that's what all that pollen's for so if they have stores I wouldn't feed.

:iagree:

Don't feed them if they don't need it. You'll just clog the broodnest with stored syrup.

Thanks for the replys they each have a full frame of stores and another half. I think I will leave them for a week to see how the weather goes.

My 10yo's National was crammed solid today...native-type queen, two frames stores and fresh stores in the brood nest. Now brood and a half on drawn comb. Best behaved of today's first inspections. No syrup, very little fondant fed.

Latest posts

Back