Feed or Not to Feed that is the Question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oandy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi i have been given 10kg of Bako sugarpaste. Is it safe to give to Bee's as a feed. Either as a paste or diluted to make syrup. The ingredients on the box.

Sugar 83%
Glucose syrup water
Vegetable oil
Glycerine
Emulsifier E471
Acidity Regulator E262 E260
Stabiliser E413
Flavering

Thanks in Advance. Regards Andy.

Oandy

Sorry, but why would you want to feed your bees at this time?

No, that looks totally wrong but Bako do make 'Bakers fondant' which is ideal for winter emergency feed

Hi Richard we have not had the nice weather that you have in your neck of the woods. I have been feeding 1-1 mix to draw supers and help feed the young. That said it looks like the bees are flying better i just hope todays warm weather keeps up. Because i was given the Sugarpaste i would like to use it if not now then later for winter stores as a syrup or emergency fondant but only if it will not harm the girls. If it is no good for the bees then i may give it to the wife she has a sweet tooth LoL. Regards Andy.

I don't feed my bee's but if I did I wouldn't use that stuff.

Andy - fair enough...only you know if they need feeding

But there really are far too many additives in that 'sugarpaste' to risk feeding it to the bees (it's up to your wife what she eats!)

Richard

Latest posts

Back