Fake Paypal email

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Got an email this morning looking as if it is from Paypal saying..

You sent a payment of 39.00 GBP to Skype ([email protected])

You haven't entered any instructions.
Shipping address -
United Kingdom
Postage details
The seller hasnЎЇt provided any postage details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
3 month subscription
39.00 GBP 1 39.00 GBP

Subtotal 39.00 GBP
Total 39.00 GBP
Payment 39.00 GBP

If you haven't authorized this charge, open a dispute at:

You can click on the link if you want but it doesnt take you to Paypal.... it LOOKS as if it does but look at the address in the browser bar......

It's a phishing scam.
If you're even slightly suspicious of an email NEVER follow a link within it and get in touch with the company another way. ie Google
If you have a paypal account or an skype one I would be contacting them about this to make sure your details are secure.

Jan

I went and had a look at my account and it didnt say I had made a payment.

Normal way it works is if you follow the link it takes you to what looks like the Paypal site but you can type in any rubbish email name and password and you then get a form to fill in which asks for all your credit card details etc.... Mozilla browser has already got it flagged up as a bad bad place to visit..

got a similar one yesterday, I was pretty convincing for a scam, but have seen these before so checked paypal first then reported it. As times get harder there will be more of these all the time

Report it if you like but sadly it will be one of thousands.

You might want to check the spam settings on your mailbox. Most of these, and the DHL parcel/Skype account/Various banks missives should be filtered out.

I rarely use e-bay or penpal but when I first registered a few years ago I was amazed at the number of spoof e-mails I received with a short space of time. It is amazing how quickly they pick up your details. However, I think the posiiton is a bit better now - or perhaps my software is better now at filtering out the junk.

I use vfemail as my email provider. I can't remember ever receiving any spoof or phishing emails since I started using them. They are a bit aggressive with their spam filtering, though, so have to remember to check it frequently.

I'm currently setting up a web site for my own business. I'll be using at least one email address available through whatever host I choose. It'll be interesting to see how the content of my inbox changes...

A common scan. They direct you to a fake site that looks identical to the one your are expecting. Then they ask you to log in. They then have your log in details. They may even push it if you fall for that and ask for bank details next. Just ignore it or else it will cost you dear.

Lloyds and Santander

Two similar emails in the last couple of weeks - 1 'from' Santander and 1 'from' Lloyds. Both advising my online account had been temporarily suspended until I follow the attached link. Luckily I don't bank with either.

You losers!

At least my emails are positive.

I've just won €150,000 in a lottery and a lovely lovely man from Nigeria is going to sent me £100 million to distribute however I want. Just sent off my details.

Read and weep.

D

You losers!

At least my emails are positive.

I've just won €150,000 in a lottery and a lovely lovely man from Nigeria is going to sent me £100 million to distribute however I want. Just sent off my details.

Read and weep.

D
:party:

Don't forget to forward all of our email and personal details to your wonderful Nigerian benefactor, so he can help you by sending us the money directly

not worthynot worthy

:party:

Don't forget to forward all of our email and personal details to your wonderful Nigerian benefactor, so he can help you by sending us the money directly

not worthynot worthy

Thanks, Beanwood. Nearly forgot.

Your thoughtfulness shouldn't go unrewarded. I'll bung you the odd million when it comes through.

D

Your thoughtfulness shouldn't go unrewarded. I'll bung you the odd million when it comes through.

D

As you are bunging around cash for tips... also don't forget to send the $500 Western Union moneygram, so they can pay the courier to go and pick up the cash from their late father's underground bunker.

Nick (I've PM'ed you all my bank details).

Text message on my BT landline..
phone this number immediately ... there is an URGENT MESSAGE for you.

I noted the number... phoned BT and asked them to check the number.. lass said it was a scam in Nigeria.. IF I had dialed in the number £17 would have been immediately charged to my account.
They were aware and looking into it !

Latest posts

Back