Eyeman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George60

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Just thought I would share this with any new or soon to be beekeepers.Its an email I sent to another forum member.

Hi Eyeman,I bought a nuc off you last Tuesday for my wife , we have only just got round to transferring them today Sunday, I would just like to complement you on such strong healthy and calm bees. They were as advertised 5 frames of eggs lava and young bees and a really nice queen. Not one bee took any interest in either of us even though we dismantlement there home. They are a joy to work with for us as novices to the hobby, and i would recommend you to other people wanting to start beekeeping.

Thanks again ,George.

I don't think good bee breeders get the praise they deserve , only complaints when things go wrong.

I don't think good bee breeders get the praise they deserve , only complaints when things go wrong.

Well said George. It's always informative to know and hear of people selling good queens and colonies.

I for 1 as a new bee keeper would always look for very calm bees. I'm sure allot of people say they are selling calm bees just to sell....
Nice to know of somebody who is true to there word.
Name is in my bee book for future ref if I need any bees...

Just thought I would share this with any new or soon to be beekeepers.Its an email I sent to another forum member.

Hi Eyeman,I bought a nuc off you last Tuesday for my wife , we have only just got round to transferring them today Sunday, I would just like to complement you on such strong healthy and calm bees. They were as advertised 5 frames of eggs lava and young bees and a really nice queen. Not one bee took any interest in either of us even though we dismantlement there home. They are a joy to work with for us as novices to the hobby, and i would recommend you to other people wanting to start beekeeping.

Thanks again ,George.

Good on you George for giving the heads up for a good forum member, they sure do deserve it, and i bet nine times out of ten it is human error when things go wrong but the breeder still takes the flack.
Have fun..

I for 1 as a new bee keeper would always look for very calm bees. I'm sure allot of people say they are selling calm bees just to sell....
Nice to know of somebody who is true to there word.
Name is in my bee book for future ref if I need any bees...

Calm bee's like "angry" bee's is a subjective test. That being said well done George and Eyeman.

Calm bee's like "angry" bee's is a subjective test. That being said well done George and Eyeman.

Yes i 100% agree.. you rather know or you don't and most times you will never know, calm bees one week angry the next, angry bees one week then calm the next, or angry whatever you do no matter how gentle you are, however if you do find the right queens you will have little of the above, you will have calm little babies all day long and you can inspect in your bikini/ mankini whatever, but get a new Queen mating from your local drones and that bikini will turn into a white burka with ginger stains covering it and a venom sack hanging out of your suit.
Hopefully the Queens are local to there place of mating, so Eyemans strain will produce the same year in year out.

Thanks again ,George.

Hi George
Glad everything went smoothly and thank you for the postive feedback. Any problems don't hesitate to get back in touch

Latest posts

Back