Escape To Victory.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
With reference to a remark made by Rab in another thread.... although why seems to escape me....

I belong to a group of 1940's re-enactors which along with many other groups stage hundreds of events throughout the UK every year.

One event being stage for the second time this year is based on the football match in the Film
"Escape to Victory" being held at Colchester Football Stadium.. on 5th June.

http://www.escape2victory2.co.uk/

In the promo pic .... is it an Alsatian or a German Shepherd? I need to know :D

In the promo pic .... is it an Alsatian or a German Shepherd? I need to know :D

suppose it has to be a GS.............. if its doing its named job.....

I think that pic might be from original film...

thats not very impressive, we all thought you were coming out!!!!!!

my mums neighbourr used to have a fullyy working stolly in his garden next to his fully working abbott. he has sold the stolly to make way for his half track lorry now and his other tracked tank.

and his friend up the road at brails used to have a fully working T50 tank, now that was inpreesive when he went shopping and by christ did it shift when he floored it.

DM - I'm guessing that you must have been to Muckleburgh, given your location.

I went there a few years ago with my children, not realising there was a re-enactment day on. It was completely bonkers. There were tanks driving around everywhere and troops dug in round every corner and behind every fence.

It was a great day out and I keep meaning to go back.

DM - I'm guessing that you must have been to Muckleburgh, given your location.
Actually I have never been.
There was supposed to be another re-enacting event there this year but it has been cancelled because of building work, but should be on next year..

A friend of mine works on a steam railway. A few years ago they had a "1940s weekend" and hired a hitler impersonator to add an air of authenticity. About 2 mins after walking onto the platform he was being persued by a gang of angry pensioners and was actually chased out of the station.
Dad's Army eat your heart out!

Sometimes we see the odd moron turn up dressed like that and they quickly get told to "go away".......

Latest posts

Back