email malfunction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Suddenly btinternet not allowing my emails in or out, says password incorrect. Nightmare as only 1 password... now refused. Can anyone advise me please.

Suddenly btinternet not allowing my emails in or out, says password incorrect. Nightmare as only 1 password... now refused. Can anyone advise me please.

Check caps lock not on .... (sorry - I've been there, I know you could not possibly be as dopey as me !).

The above suggestions are all valid.

Try them first.

However, if you have anti-virus/anti-malware software installed then sometimes it will block the 'ports' that need to be opened to send/retrieve email. One famous brand of anti-virus would block all the email ports if the subscription expired. Very naughty practice, but it build their market share.

Have Crap cleaner, AGV and Spybot .
Seems that it accepted original password today when rejected yesterday. Panic over, thanks for all input.. appreciated as usual. I just don't understand its contrariness... can you have female computers!!

Do you use outlook? I abandoned BT for gmail because of the frequent password chaos with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some connection problems can appear as invalid id or password in the email client. Probably happens more on tablets and phones relying on WiFi for regular inbox checks.

Latest posts

Back