elf and safety

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree, although new to beekeeping I have the same problem with other organistations. I belong to a model engineering society and if we are not careful we will need an army to look after a portable railway track! We need a driver, guard, loader, money collecter and 4 other people for various jobs. Oh and a checklist!

Looking forward to getting my first nuc!

May be asking for advice and help soon!

Regards to all
Michael

The forrestry commision owns most of the ground near me I enquired if I could site 1 hive on their ground They thought it was a good idea and offered a site with poor access about 10 miles away as long as I took out Liability Insurance.Did,nt bother to price the insurance but I recon it would be in the hundreds of pounds. Do any of you guys have liabilty insurance for your hives?

The forrestry commision owns most of the ground near me I enquired if I could site 1 hive on their ground They thought it was a good idea and offered a site with poor access about 10 miles away as long as I took out Liability Insurance.Did,nt bother to price the insurance but I recon it would be in the hundreds of pounds. Do any of you guys have liabilty insurance for your hives?

I wonder if they have PLI for those nice little muntjac deer... that have razor sharp teeth???

Thanks for the information being very new to beekeeping and just hoping my one and a half hives survive the Winter I may register and join .. Once I have a bit more experiance.

Heather,

Drop me a PM with your email. I think I already have a risk assessment form, you probably just need to copy it, and replace our association name with yours.

Although I'd recommend you modify it and double check everything is applicable.

Adam

GScoot

I recommend the BBKA for the experience you can gain through your local association...

Our association was asked to provide two colonies of bees for an ecology project involving a wild flower medow at the secondary school were my kids go. Prior to the arrival of the bees the county required the school to carry out a risk assessment and to write to all the parents asking for comments. None were received and the bees prospered with honey produced being sold to staff and pupils

gscot it is very normal to have an insurance on your bees, all the forestry people want is some way of covering them selves from what ever you get up to. its standard bussiness toilet paper.

whilst everyone else says join the bbka for the insurances ect you can also join the scotish or welsh beeks for the insurance and then not have to suffer at the hand of the bbka!

i personal have one policy that covers me every where no matter what i am up to and it has nothing to do with any asso it was brought privately.

have a look on your house/home insurance as most people have a public lia on that.

to me i always seem to find that people hide them selves behind the elf and safety banner when reaaly what they are trying to deal with is litigation of legal issues.

Latest posts

Back