Electronic candle lighter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorn

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It varies.
Has anyone tried a rechargeable electronic candle lighter for lighting a smoker? They're supposed to be unaffected by wind, so they might be useful in the great outdoors, if they're any good.

Cheap Chinese stainless smoker, stuff to the brim with hay, close. Point your blowtorch to the lower side of the smoker and heat until the metal is cherry red. It doesn't matter if you are in a torrential downpour (why would be the next question!) your smoker will light every time.
Warning - don't do this with a Dadant!

OR if you are about to clasp it between ones knees BBKA style!!! :icon_204-2:
Chons da

Cheap Chinese stainless smoker, stuff to the brim with hay, close. Point your blowtorch to the lower side of the smoker and heat until the metal is cherry red. It doesn't matter if you are in a torrential downpour (why would be the next question!) your smoker will light every time.
Warning - don't do this with a Dadant!
You wouldn't need to with a Dadant, you only have to ask it nicely and it lights

Has anyone tried a rechargeable electronic candle lighter for lighting a smoker? They're supposed to be unaffected by wind, so they might be useful in the great outdoors, if they're any good.
I use one most of the time. A cheap refillable £1 one from the pound shop. Three for £1 actually! It is nice and long!

I arrived at the apiary minus my box of fuel and lighter and thought 'Oh dear me' ;)
I had a bag of egg boxes still in the back but still no means of lighting them.
Cigar lighter to the rescue. :)
Old faithful soon smouldering away happily.

Latest posts

Back