Drones pupae on the landing board

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In bad years all of this is normal. Bit too much thinking about disease and not enough about weather conditions.

Poor mating last year. Poor queens pegging out mid winter.

Long very odd winter... colonies starving.

Long cold Spring, and for some no /Spring at all yet, so again normal behaviour being seen. Drone brood being sacrificed.

Do some reading people and there it is, all happened before and will again.

If the climate people are right and last year was due to the El Nino then we re in for another three or four years of this. Deep joy.

PH

2 wrong quesses. They have pupa form.
Bees eate larvae, when they are short of protein, but they do not tear capped brood open.

Where they spread the disease then when they have disease in the hive?

It is very difficult to judge by photographs, but it looked as if the white top most bee shape could be a bee casing or cuticle. Varroa spreads pathogens straight into the bee's hemolymp by piercing the cuticle of the larva, however oral transmission is also a possibility with some diseases so this could increase the number of bees with a disease in the hive.

, however oral transmission is also a possibility with some diseases so this could increase the number of bees with a disease in the hive.

And what you can do to it then? Rush here and there when you see a dead drone pupa?

To me it is not a big thing.

Having looked at some stocks today, the bigger ones are really short of stores. I think, in view of the weather forecast, I will be giving a little feed tomorrow. Never, ever needed to feed in April/May before...

And what you can do to it then? Rush here and there when you see a dead drone pupa?

To me it is not a big thing.

I was thinking more on the lines, make sure they have got enough provisions so that they don't need to eat brood x.

Latest posts

Back