Dowsing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lines of hokum and real are being blurred daily as "science" becomes better at working out how to look at things.

Simply not true. I dont care how good science gets at looking at things, it will never blur the fact that because I see 1 magpie I wont get some sorrow in my life, or if I break a mirror I will have 7 years bad luck, or crop circles are made by landing alien craft, or mediums can speak with the dead, or faith healers can cure.

Some of this hokum is superstition, so of it is harmless, some of it is vile manipulation. Nature, you know real things, are wonderful and magical, I dont understand why people need to believe in supernatural rubbish.

Some of this hokum is superstition, so of it is harmless, some of it is vile manipulation. Nature, you know real things, are wonderful and magical, I dont understand why people need to believe in supernatural rubbish.

Please tell us what is hokum and what is real:
Tarot cards
Crystal healing
Ouija board
Water witching(dowsing !!)
bending spoons
spotting UFOs
being abducted by aliens
seances
ghosts
etc
etc

You seem to know

PS: Einstein was dyslexic, wondered what would have happened if he had put 3 instead of 2 into his energy mass equation, perhaps MandF could enlighten us? LOL

Please take this in good taste, I mean how can anyone take stick bending seriously?

Last edited:
Because they have found a way to see patterns that clearly you do not. Either by design or by being stubourn or by misfortune. But zealots either pro or against dowsing are just turn off.

And simply not true as you say is just your opinion. Not fact. And that argument is old. Believe what you want. But ramming your opinion down throats is fruitless. And especially in my case. I have spent more time looking at what the world is looking into, than on a niche forum trying to tell people they are wrong when I haven't the foggiest what they have tried.

The observation about quatumn physics should have made you think - well perhaps just by being observed by a skeptik that the outcome was changed. But this is just my opinion of a possible cause. Not fact. But I see from the energetic way you express in your posts you need people to believe you. I won't because of my experiences. And I'm not unusual. Many have had similar experiences. With reiki, dowsing, telepathy etc. So I have a choice - believe random bloke on Internet forum or believe my own experiences. I don't class myself as an ***** but you might be a tramp in a cyber cafe, or a 12 year old boy or anything really. Here is a place to share experiences and perhaps learn of new experiences to be had. To experience different perspectives. Not I think to ridicule something that you alone believe is rubbish. When i say alone I mean when you post. Others may support your ideas others will not. That's human nature. Experience it, but don't fight it. It's a fight you won't win unless you prove it kills. And even then . . . Smoking, drinking etc. Know what I mean.

Gatley,

You are not forced to read it, you know! You can stop reading it, you know. It is not a compulsory that you read it.

How can i stop reading it?
The drivel of hocus pocus and people clutching at things that dont exist!

I need therapy now!

Help me doc, but help them first!

Please tell us what is hokum and what is real:
Tarot cards
Crystal healing
Ouija board
Water witching(dowsing !!)
bending spoons
spotting UFOs
being abducted by aliens
seances
ghosts
etc
etc

You seem to know
Tarot = hokum
crystal healing = dont know/care
ouija = hokum (it was a board game originally!)
dowsing = hokum (harmless unless you are dowsing for bombs)
bending spoons = fakery
spotting ufos = real (but I think you meant visiting alien spaceships!)
seances = fakery
ghosts = dont know but I expect its a brain thing, like deja vu is.

You're welcome, any more for any more? :)

Perhaps it's because they can,and maybe they cannot understand why you don't believe in it.
Well I just explained why:

1. I dont believe in it - because it is a simple thing to test, and noone has passed that test.

2. I dont need to believe it - because I see the wonder and magic in the "real" world. A bee's compound eye is much more wonderful than walking round a field with 2 sticks finding water, for example.

A bee's compound eye is much more wonderful than walking round a field with 2 sticks finding water, for example.

To you it maybe,but it's not to everyone,good job we are not identical in every way,every action and every thought...genetic diversity.

I would suggest my genetics are more useful for the human race - being interested in the natural world instead of wasting time chasing faeries :)

One question I have for the dowsers - we have been told that dowsing can find water, pipes, gas pipes and so on... if thats the case, when you are dowsing in your field, and the rods cross, how do you know what you have found? Might prove useful, knowing you are drilling into water for your well, not a mains pipe or a gas pipe..

You obviously have a compulsive disorder,please lie on the couch while we check you out,just go get my dowsing rods.

Thankyou, Im feeling better already, however id like a second opinion from dr stilton(sorry stitson-whoops, make it dr strangelove)

Please tell me dowsing is complete and utter c£?% and then i can begin my rehabilitation

Last edited:
if thats the case, when you are dowsing in your field, and the rods cross, how do you know what you have found?

Simple, Rod go inwards, its water. Rods go outwards its a Gas Pipe. If the rods go different directions its a lay line. If the rods point to the sky watch out lightning is imminent. :smilielol5:

See its easy once you know which way your rods bend :rofl: :smilielol5:

Latest posts

Back