Did OA kill my bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine we will have a lot more coming on here saying they have lost their colonies or Queens when they start using MAQ`S which by all accounts will be very popular when it becomes available, i think the basic requirement before treatment is a strong healthy colony , and to stick to the recommended method of treatment etc.

Yes, going to be interesting watching that one unfold.... i predict lots of tales of woe when queens are balled.

I imagine we will have a lot more coming on here saying they have lost their colonies or Queens when they start using MAQ`S .

Houli pouli.

MAQ is formic acid. Formic has been used 30 years against varroa but now the End is near!!!

Houli pouli.

MAQ is formic acid. Formic has been used 30 years against varroa but now the End is near!!!

As i said before Finman were are a bit behind here in the UK, but what i was referring to was the possible misuse of these products not the product itself

Having just blocked the entrances to stop robbing yesterday I had another look today. Both hives are clean (apart from the dead bees) so I am assuming no nosema. I still reckon it was the OA. There's about 6 frames of sealed honey in the largest hive in a super that obviously I removed to apply the OA and then replaced, question: would this be ok to extract? or would it bee contaminated with OA? Thanks guys and gals.

If you mean clean regards no bee poo, then if they had Nosema Ceranae, (which is very widespread) there is often no signs of poo.

If you trickled OA, then they have OA on them. I wouldn't eat that honey. Sorry about the bees.

If you mean clean regards no bee poo, then if they had Nosema Ceranae, (which is very widespread) there is often no signs of poo.

Bloomin eck! This gets to bee a harder hobby by the minute, lol.

Latest posts

Back